- 1) Are all the items in Mandarake used?
Not all of them, but the majority of items are second-hand. As such they are pre-owned and sold 'as is' (in the same condition as when they came into our stores) so please expect some minor stains or damage on both the package and its contents.
Furthermore, some products in Japan — like prize toys and cinema exclusive items — cannot be bought at usual toy stores; they have to be won, pre-ordered or received directly at special events. However, customers in Japan sell these products to us and we make them available for you. Though many of these items may not be 'used', they are still second-hand.
- 2) How can I be sure about the condition of the products?
Our highly qualified and trained personnel check every item thoroughly before setting the price.
Any damage found on the product will be stated on the store page, with the exception of age-related degradation/deterioration and when an item is unopened. In cases such as this, the product is left 'as is' and the contents are not checked. Therefore, we cannot take responsibility for factory defects.
- 3) What are the chances of receiving a bootleg or fake item?
- Almost zero. All products are carefully checked with the help of our own big database.
- 4) Why is the price of a pre-owned item higher/lower than the price of a new item?
- It depends on many factors: rarity, date of issue, the character it is based on, popularity, condition, etc.
- 5) The product I want is sold out. When will it be back in stock again?
We buy all products from the customers, so unfortunately we can't say for sure when it will be back in stock.
We appreciate that customers may want different things at different times, but due to the number of requests unfortunately we are not able to take pre-orders or reservations for out of stock items.
- 6) I'm looking for some particular goods but I can't find any of them on your website. Can you find them for me?
If you can let us know which specific items you are looking for, we can check the current stock levels within the stores. Please note that we cannot answer vague inquiries such as "What types of products and how many do you have?", "Do you have any products from the @@@ series?"
Please also be aware that we are not able to source items from non-Mandarake stores.
- 7) Can I reserve an item(s)?
- We are sorry but Mandarake does not have a reservation service.
- 8) Does price of the product includes taxes? Do I have to pay taxes if I do not live in Japan?
The prices displayed on the website are usually without taxes (if taxes are included it will be mentioned). If you are buying items to be delivered within Japan, then you will have to pay consumption tax on the total price. If you are buying items to be delivered outside of Japan, then you will not have to pay. Please be aware that your country may charge a customs fee to receive items from Japan.
If you are visiting our stores in Japan as a tourist, it may be possible to purchase items without paying the consumption tax. Please click here for more details.
- 1) I placed an order, but haven't received any notification. What happened?
When an order is placed a notification is automatically sent to your registered email address. Within three days we will inform you of the availability of the products and the grand total of your order (including shipping fee). On occaision where we receive a large number of orders, our response may be delayed for a day or two.
When you fill out the order form, please make sure that your email address is written correctly. In the past our system has had trouble returning emails to AOL addresses. As such we recommend using an alternative email address.
Some email providers have strong anti-spam measures, so please also check your junk mail folder incase your notification mail is in there.
If you still have not received your notification, please contact us via this form with details about your order.
- 2) The payment for my order is overdue. Is there anything I can do?
In this case, please contact us as soon as possible.
Please note, that all payments must be fully made within 5 days from the first order invoice. Please also be aware that combining orders will not extend your payment deadline.
- 3) A new item was just announced. Can I pre-order it from your store?
- We are sorry but Mandarake does not have a pre-order service.
- 4) Can you cancel my order?
We usually do not accept order cancellations. Please be aware that if you cancel an order without notifying us or make too many cancellations, you may no longer be able to use our services in the future. Mandarake reserves the right to cancel and turn down orders from customers who have, for example:
- ※ Cancelled an order
- ※ Cancelled items from an order
- ※ Made unpaid orders
- 5) Can I add more items to my order?
If you have other items that you would like to add, please make a new order for additional items and write "combine to order ###" in the comment section. Our staff will combine it for you and send you an invoice. Please note that we can only combine orders if:
- ※ The order is from the same store location
- ※ The original order has not yet been paid for
- ※ The 5 day payment deadline for the original order has not yet passed
- 6) Can I receive a discount on my order because of the number of items in it?
- We are sorry but we don't offer any discounts. The price you see on our website is already fully discounted. However be sure to check out the Urban Mines Auctions, where we sell items from just 100 yen!
- 1) What shipping methods do you offer?
We offer EMS, SAL Small Packet (Registered) and DHL.
However, depending on the destination of the order, some shipping methods might not be available. Your order may be modified without notice if your selected shipping method is not available.
- 2) How much is the shipping charge?
The shipping charges vary depending on various aspects, such as the country items are delivered to and the total weight of the boxes (which includes the weight of packing materials). Unfortunately we cannot answer shipping enquiries on an individual basis, but you can confirm EMS shipping costs using the table below.
Weight Asia North America, Oceania, the Middle and Near East Europe South America UP TO 500g 1,400 yen 2,000 yen 2,200 yen 2,400 yen UP TO 600g 1,540 yen 2,180 yen 2,400 yen 2,740 yen UP TO 700g 1,680 yen 2,360 yen 2,600 yen 3,080 yen UP TO 800g 1,820 yen 2,540 yen 2,800 yen 3,420 yen UP TO 900g 1,960 yen 2,720 yen 3,000 yen 3,760 yen UP TO 1000g 2,100 yen 2,900 yen 3,200 yen 4,100 yen UP TO 1250g 2,400 yen 3,300 yen 3,650 yen 4,900 yen UP TO 1500g 2,700 yen 3,700 yen 4,100 yen 5,700 yen UP TO 1750g 3,000 yen 4,100 yen 4,550 yen 6,500 yen UP TO 2000g 3,300 yen 4,500 yen 5,000 yen 7,300 yen UP TO 2500g 3,800 yen 5,200 yen 5,800 yen 8,800 yen UP TO 3000g 4,300 yen 5,900 yen 6,600 yen 10,300 yen UP TO 3500g 4,800 yen 6,600 yen 7,400 yen 11,800 yen UP TO 4000g 5,300 yen 7,300 yen 8,200 yen 13,300 yen UP TO 4500g 5,800 yen 8,000 yen 9,000 yen 14,800 yen UP TO 5000g 6,300 yen 8,700 yen 9,800 yen 16,300 yen UP TO 5500g 6,800 yen 9,400 yen 10,600 yen 17,800 yen UP TO 6000g 7,300 yen 10,100 yen 11,400 yen 19,300 yen UP TO 7000g 8,100 yen 11,200 yen 12,700 yen 21,400 yen UP TO 8000g 8,900 yen 12,300 yen 14,000 yen 23,500 yen UP TO 9000g 9,700 yen 13,400 yen 15,300 yen 25,600 yen UP TO 10000g 10,500 yen 14,500 yen 16,600 yen 27,700 yen
- 3) Are there any further charges or commissions?
- There might be customs duty charges added when the package goes through customs in your country. We are not responsible for any duties on purchased merchandise. Please contact your local post office or customs office for further information.
- 4) How long does it take to ship my item(s)?
Items are normally shipped within 3 to 5 days. We will send you a shipping confirmation when your order has been shipped. The tracking number for your shipment(s) will be stated in the mid-section of this notification.
Please use the link below to track your package:
Japan Post Track & Trace Service - https://trackings.post.japanpost.jp/services/srv/search/?locale=en
DHL Tracking - http://www.dhl.co.jp/en.html
EMS and DHL generally take between 4 and 7 days after receiving your shipping confirmation email, though in some cases it can take up to 10 days. Please contact us if your package is taking longer than this and there has been no update on the tracking website.
SAL deliveried generally take between 2 and 4 weeks after receiving your shipping confirmation email, though in some cases it can take up to 2 months. Please contact us if your package is taking longer than this and there has been no update on the tracking website.
- 5) Can I arrange a pick-up time and date?
- We are sorry but Mandarake doesn't offer a specified delivery time.
- 6) Can I change my shipping method or address?
- If you need to make any changes to your shipping method or address, please let us know before the payment is made. We generally ship out packages as soon as payments are confirmed, so please inform us beforehand.
- 7) Do you offer shipping insurance?
- Yes, please refer here for more details.
- 8) Can you gift wrap my items or add a special message to my order?
- We are sorry but Mandarake does not have a gift service.
- 9) I haven't received my package yet. What should I do?
Please check your inbox to make sure you have received a shipping confirmation email. If you have not, please contact us as soon as possible.
Occasionally shipment delays can be caused by payment errors. Please confirm that your payment has been made. Please ensure that the name on your order matches the name on your credit card. If you are using a non-Japanese credit card and are having issues processing your payment, your credit card provider may have placed a block on all online and international transactions. You will need to contact your card provider for assistance.
If more than a week has passed since you received your shipping confirmation, please contact your local postal service for assistance.
- 10) I wrote my shipping address incorrectly. What can I do?
- As orders are shipped as soon as payment is confirmed, we are unable to make any changes to paid orders. Please double-check and verify the shipping address before processing your payment. Customers are responsible for any fees involved with resending orders for any reason.
- 11) I was away for a long time and I wasn't able to receive my package. What should I do?
If you were not at home to receive your package or were not able to pick it up at the post office, your package may have been returned to us. For EMS packages, the post office holding time is usually around one month. If nobody picks up the package in that time, the post office returns items to their senders.
If you were unable to receive your package from the post office, please contact us and we will inform you when your order reaches us. Customers are responsible for any fees involved with resending orders for any reason.
- 12) Can you ship my item(s) via regular airmail instead of EMS?
- We prefer EMS to the regular airmail because of its reliability, security and fast service. Unlike regular airmail, EMS covers insurance, has a tracking service and it takes less than a week to ship a package overseas. Since we are working internationally, we want our packages to arrive fast and safe. Please note that we reserve the right to change the shipping method at our discretion.
- 13) My order is being shipped via SAL but it's still not here yet.
Though SAL tends to be the cheapest shipping option, it can also be the most unpredictable.
This is in large part because SAL items are only put on planes as room becomes available. You can see more about the SAL shipping method at the Japan Post website.
If you ordered items from other Mandarake stores and they have already arrived, it's likely because they are sent via different international post office dispatch centers with different queues.
There have been cases of some SAL items taking between two and three months, so please wait a little longer.
You can check the status of your shipment by checking by using the tracking link. You can find this under "Order Status" on your "My Page".
Issues and Complaints
- 1) I received my package, but the item(s) arrived with some damages. Can I get a refund or exchange the damaged item(s)?
Please contact us within 7 days with full details of damages with pictures of the items and box. As items shipped via EMS up to the value of 20,000 yen are insured at no extra fee, we can issue an EMS inquiry form to cover the damage. If your items are valued at over 20,000 yen we recommend taking out additional cover. Please be aware that Mandarake will not be responsible for any damage or loss of uninsured shipments or undervalued packages. If you wish to insure your items please write in the comment section of the order form when you place an order.
More information about insurance, please click here.
- 2) I've tried emailing you some photographs but I get error messages. What can I do?
Many modern cameras take pictures in a high resolution as a default setting. Therefore it may be likely that the pictures you are trying to send are just too big for our mail server to handle. If possible please lower the resolution on your camera, or alter the image size in your computers photo editting software (Microsoft Pain etc).
If you still can't send your pictures, please send us an email without the attachments. If this email gives you an error there may be a problem with the address. Please make sure that it ends in mandarake.co.jp before sending.
If you still have problems, please contact us by our inquiry form.
- 1) What payment methods are available?
Credit Card (only with 3D Secure*) and PayPal** (can't be used when you buy +18 items, like doujinshi).
* 3D Secure is a technical term and is also known as:
Verified by Visa (for Visa accounts) and SecureCode (for MasterCard accounts)
** Payment by PayPal eCheck is not available.
- 2) Can I use my friend`s credit card?
- As the receiver's name must match the billing information, we advise against using another person's credit card. Please ensure that the name on the order and the name on the credit card are the same.
- 3) Can I send the payments directly to the Mandarake PayPal account?
- We don't allow direct payments. Please process the payment through the link we give you in the invoice and use the "Pay" button to continue your transaction.
- 4) Can I send payment to you in my local currency?
- Sorry, all payments are dealt with in Japanese Yen. For credit card payments, the amount you purchased will be exchanged from your local currency to Japanese yen by your credit card provider. Please contact your card provider for more details.
- 5) Can I split the payment in installments?
- We are sorry but we do not accept split payments.
- 6) Can you extend my payment deadline?
- All payments must be made within 5 days from the first order invoice.
- 7) How do you handle and protect my credit card information?
- We do not retain any credit card information. The secure process is made via the credit card company's server, so we can assure you that your personal information is safe.
- 8) I can’t use my credit card. Why?
- If you could not complete the transaction correctly, please contact us as soon as possible. Card transactions are not directly processed on the Mandarake website so we cannot see any problems during the transaction. Please contact your card issuer as there may be some problems with your card.
- 9) I'm having trouble with my PayPal account. What can I do?
- Please contact your local PayPal helpdesk to resolve any problems.
- 10) I want to buy +18 items but I only have a PayPal account. How can I pay for the items?
- We are sorry but we can only accept payment via credit card for +18 items.
- 11) When making the credit card payment, I always get returned to the first page. What am I doing wrong?
Our website sometimes has problems with some foreign credit cards. Please contact your bank or the credit card company to make sure that your card can be used on foreign websites and they are not stopping your transaction.
For Visa and MasterCard users, we require you to pass the 3D Secure authenticity process before completing any payments.
- 1) What are Everyday Auctions?
- These auctions are held every day at Mandarake. To take part in Everyday Auctions you need to register on our site, but participation is free of charge.
- 2) What is the Big Web Auction?
The Big Web Auction is held every 2 months (6 times in a year). Each time before the event we publish an auction catalog called 'Mandarake Zenbu'. To join the Big Web Auction you have to either:
※ Register and pay a $5 participation fee
※ Purchase the Mandarake Zenbu catalog
Starting from vol.62 (March 2014), Mandarake Zenbu has been published 6 times per year (in January, March, May, July, September and November) and the price is 1000 yen per copy. There are more than 1000 items listed that you can check before the auctions.
Mandarake Zenbu is Japan's largest manga and subculture catalog for collectors. Listed items are from all of Mandarake Stores in Japan. It also includes articles about manga and toys.
- 3) Can I take part in an auction if I don't live in Japan?
- Yes! There are different ways to take part in our auctions. You can find more detailed information here.
- 4) How can I be sure that the items are not fake?
- All our products are carefully checked by highly qualified personnel. In addition, Mandarake gives a warranty for most auction items.
- About Mandarake's Auctions
- How to Join
- Auction My Page
- About Absentee Bidding
- After the Auction
- Auction Item Descriptions
- Auction FAQ
- Como comprar en Mandarake Online
- My Page para compras online
- Preguntas Frecuentes
- Pedidos por anticipado o Pre-order
- Sobre las Subastas
- Como participar
- My Page para subastas
- Sobre las subastas AUSENTES
- Confirmando el Resultado de una Subasta
- Auction Item Descriptions (Inglés)
- Auction FAQ (Inglés)
- About Mandarake's Auctions (Inglese)
- How to Join (Inglese)
- Auction My Page (Inglese)
- About Absentee Bidding (Inglese)
- After the Auction (Inglese)
- Auction Item Descriptions (Inglese)
- Shipping Insurance (Inglese)
- Über die Auktionen
- Wie man bei einer Auktion teilnimmt
- Auction My Page
- Was ist ein "Gebot als Abwesender"?
- Nach Auktionsende
- Erläuterung von Auktionsartikeln
- Auction FAQ (Englisch)
- Немного об аукционах Мандараке
- Как присоединиться?
- Моя страница
- Что такое заочная ставка?
- Что делать после аукциона
- Описание лотов
- Auction FAQ (английский)
- Auction My Page (英语)
- About Absentee Bidding (英语)
- After the Auction (英语)
- Auction Item Descriptions (英语)
- Auction FAQ (英语)
- About Mandarake's Auctions (영어)
- How to Join (영어)
- Auction My Page (영어)
- About Absentee Bidding (영어)
- After the Auction (영어)
- Auction Item Descriptions (영어)
- Auction FAQ (영어)
- Como comprar na Mandarake Online
- Sobre a página "My Page" para compras regulares online
- Mail Order FAQ
- Sobre os leilões da Mandarake
- Como participar
- My Page (leilões)
- Sobre leilão ausente
- After the Auction
- Auction Item Descriptions
- Leilões: perguntas frequentes